Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ride 'em Cowgirl


After a very disappointing weekend, I got right back in the saddle on Monday. Reluctantly. I don’t know why it is so hard to get back on track. All the things that have seemed so easy (OK, maybe not easy, but manageable) for the past 6 weeks, now seem an overwhelming chore.

I could not believe how terrible I felt during my workout on Monday. After three days of no exercising, my legs felt like they weighed a thousand pounds each. I managed to complete the boot camp DVD and 20 minutes on the treadmill (including 5 minutes of running). Today, I woke up and not only were my legs tired (to be expected), I had a really bad pain in my right ankle. To say that I did not want to workout today is the understatement of the year. I kept thinking of all sorts of excuses to put it off til naptime or after naptime or the evening. I managed to drag my sorry butt to the treadmill in the morning. Morning workouts mean that I have to endure movies such as Barbie in a Christmas Carol (Yes, they are still watching it in February…obsessed!) or Monsters Inc (which I liked…the first 30 times) or some wonderful Disney princess movie that if it were on VHS would be worn out. I know I should just count my blessings that my girls can be occupied for long enough for me to get my workout in.

I thought I could walk off the ankle pain. It did loosen up, but I wasn’t able to run. Still, I did get in a really strong 50 min walking workout. Now, 12 hours later, my ankle feels like a knife is being stabbed into it. I will begin an ibuprofen regime tonight and hope this doesn’t get worse.

I have gotten my food back on track too, but let me tell you how many internal battles I have had with myself over the past two days. But, it is paying off already. I weighed myself this morning and had already recouped 2 of the 5 pounds I gained. Water weight. It’s a double-edged sword. On fast, off fast. Hopefully, I can get over this hump and trudge through the rest of this week.

My biggest goal for myself this week is to continue my weekday habits through the weekend. I’ve now had several weeks in a row of losing during the week and gaining on the weekend. I’m not going to let that happen this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment