Monday, September 19, 2011

Hello, Food!

Scale Victory
One week of eating real food doing Weight Watchers down. Also down was the number on the scale. Down 9 lbs!! Now, I should preface this by mentioning that when I weighed in last Monday after 3 weeks of on again off again Medifasting, I was up 13 lbs from my previous low. But, I'm glad to know that Weight Watchers allowed me to take off that excess water weight and bloating just like Medifast had. Now, I am only 4 lbs away from my previous low!


Non-Scale Victories
Due to craziness with getting ready to move and two birthday parties this weekend, there was a lot of eating away from home and/or eating carry out. I was able to reasonably do this and still get the stuff I really wanted. Here are a few examples. 

  • Pizza Hut: house salad with lite Italian dressing and 3 slices of cheese pizza from a medium thin-n-crispy pizza
  • Chipotle: chicken burrito bowl with 1/2 portion of rice, double fajita veggies, no cheese, and lettuce, tomato-corn salsa (HOLY DELICIOUSNESS)
  • Kids Birthday Party: snacked on fruit/veggie tray and one slice of pizza (didn't eat the crust, so I counted it as thin crust)

Weight Watchers Modification
Many days, it was hard for me to eat all of points, especially since fruits and veggies are "free". I have incorporated a tip I learned from another blog. Sarah from Watch Sarah Shrink said she felt like she wasn't losing like she wanted to or should with all the free veggies/fruit, so she started counting each serving of fruits and veggies as one point. That is what I did, too. They are calories, after all. This is something that I may change as my daily points target gets lower, but I think I'll stick with it for now.


Going Forward
I'm looking forward to continuing to eating real food and losing weight at a reasonable pace until I reach my goal. Now that I don't have such a huge amount of weight to lose, losing a pound or so a week will keep me motivated. When I first started, one pound seemed like such a teeny tiny step down a never-ending path that would surely lead me off a cliff before I got to the finish line.


I am going to try my best to post once a week for the next couple of weeks, but if you don't see a post from me, don't worry. We are moving in a week, and it just means things are too busy! 


Weight Loss
This week: 9 lbs
Total: 64.4 lbs

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the loss! That is great and I know very motivating for you! I look forward to hearing how WW goes for you! I like the idea of counting fruit as a point.

    ReplyDelete