Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Blog Less Traveled

I feel like I should be upfront about my intentions with this blog. What it will and will not be. So many of the weight loss blogs I’ve read (which are wonderful) seem different from mine. It’s like they are…what’s the word…inspirational…perhaps even motivational. But, I’ll be honest, that’s not what I’m going for here. I really don't have any particular intentions at all.

Simply Flabuloss will:

  • provide me with an outlet for my self-deprecating humor and frustrations with trying to lose weight.
  • allow me a place to complain, complain, complain.
  • attempt, every so often, to offer insight about this hellacious journey.
  • provide an outlet for others who feel similarly about this process and want to leave comments.

Simply Flabuloss will NOT:

  • reveal my current weight and goal weight. Well, at least not until I am already a success story, having lost a gazillion pounds and run a half-marathon and completed my first triatholon. (By the way, why isn’t it enough anymore for people just to lose weight? They have to add on all of this other crap now too. As if losing 200 lbs wasn’t enough?!?!)
  • claim to know anything about the best way to go about losing weight or getting healthy. I am not a nutritionist, dietician, personal trainer. Hell, I’m not even a healthy person myself, so I don’t have much to offer.

So, that’s about all I have for you (and by you, I probably mean no one because I can’t imagine anyone actually reading this blog). But, if you do happen to stumble upon it, and like it, let me know. Leave a comment. If you don’t like it, well, you can also leave a comment if you’d like. Just remember, I am in a very fragile state right now having restricted my calorie intake and all.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's only appropriate that I be the first to jump on your bandwagon. I'm one of your biggest fans! I love that you're doing a blog...and I will read it. Religiously. So be sure to update it regularly. Oh, and hey!...your blog list is the same as mine...whatdya know about that!

    ReplyDelete