Monday, June 20, 2011

18 Day Challenge

Slow week, but the scale went down, so I can't complain, right? Well, I can (and I did), but I shouldn't. I'm down 1.8 lbs for the week. I think I way overdid it on sodium yesterday (salsa on my eggs, and a green bean salad that had soy sauce in the marinade). I also ate out 4 times last week. I made good, on-plan choices, but you never know what is lurking in salad dressing, marinades, and cooking that you haven't done yourself. I also felt like my water intake was way down this weekend. So, all in all, I'm pleased. OK, I am lying...I was disappointed. I don't like anything less than two. I've gotten spoiled that way.

On the VERY positive side, even with this week's measly 1.8 lb loss, I have officially hit the 50 lb mark. 51.6 to be exact. YAY me...now let's get down to business.

There are 18 days until I go on vacation to the beach for 2.5 weeks, and I am giving myself an 18 day challenge to hit the 60 lb mark before vacation. That is 8.4 lbs in 18 days, which is almost a half a pound a day (according to a quick calculation, I am currently averaging .6/day), kind of daunting, but I'm still going to try. I have two reasons for doing this. 1) I have gotten a little lax in measuring my greens, watching condiments, etc. 2) I am TERRIFIED of vacation. I'm not joking. But, that is a whole other post unto itself. More on that later. So, I am hoping that by setting this challenge for myself, I am a little more vigilant and can go into vacation with more peace of mind. What's the worst that can happen? Nothing. Even if I fall short, I will still be closer to my goal, and I think it will be a good way to help keep me focused for the next couple of weeks.

Weight Loss
Pre-Medifast: 8.6 lbs
Medifast Month 1: 25 lbs (13.6, 3.2, 4, 4.2)
Medifast Month 2: 6.8 lbs (2.4, 3.2, 6, +4.8)
Medifast Month 3: (9.4, 1.8, tbd, tbd)
Medifast Total (10 weeks): 43 lbs
Total in 2011: 51.6 lbs

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment! I can totally relate to you! I read the past 10 posts or so and laughed out loud with you...and feel like we are definitely kindred spirits. (:

    Excited to get to know one another on our similar journeys!

    Karli
    http://healthconfessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kris,

    Saw your comment-no those aren't all my personal clients. The TSFL community of coaches is more like a family & we share success stories because we & the program have helped so many people reach optimal health. Many of my clients are featured and many have yet to mail me their before/after pics! (:

    ReplyDelete